The School is characterised by the warmth of its welcome, its sense of purpose and its focus on the happiness and success of each individual.
Rishworth’s magnificent buildings, extensive grounds and superb Pennine location, which chart a 300 year heritage, provide all members of this friendly community with a physical environment which is conducive both to the clarity of mind required for academic study and to pursuits which provide for a full and balanced development of personal character.
At Rishworth, students develop:
a life-long love of learning, curiosity and discovery;
a sense of responsibility, purpose and ambition;
a capacity for both self-reliance and co-operation; and
an appreciation of personal virtues and spiritual values, such as honesty, dependability, perseverance, commitment, humility and respect for others.
Students relish their time at Rishworth, forging lasting friendships and enjoying excellent relations with their teachers and mentors. When the time comes for them to leave the School, our students do so as excellent decision makers with the confidence to meet the world and the challenges it places before them, as its equal.
- Albert Hugh Smith – university professor
- John Noakes – Blue Peter presenter
- Nicholas Connor – Filmmaker
- Eric Portman – 20th century actor
- George Ford – Leicester Tigers and England Rugby Union
- Joe Ford – Leicester Tigers Rugby Union
- Gareth Widdop – St. George Illawarra Dragons and England Rugby League